As you all know I have a eager sweet tooth, having seen on food channels, read in books and hearsay of cooking with types of fruit. It intrigued me, spiking that curiosity at the back of my taste buds. Having said all that I thought why not give it a try. Like come on what have I got to loose. Still trying to keep it “Cheap n Cheerful”, so it wont cost no more than £13.
You will need
Pork chops, 2
Mixed peppers, (1/4 of each)
Salt and Black pepper, a pinch
All spice, 1/2 tspn
Fresh Mixed herbs, 1/2 tspn
Chilli oil, tbspn
White onion, 1/2
Cherry tomatoes, handful
- Heat up the pan on a medium heat, pour in a tea spoon of chilli oil and leave to heat up for 2 min. In that time you can cut up onion, tomatoes and peppers. (You dont have to use mixed peppers you could just use one single pepper but cut it in 1/2)
- Throw the onions, tomatoes and peppers in the pan and mix for around another 2min. Once the onions have browned a tad bit and the tomatoes and peppers have softened throw in the pork chops.
- Sprinkle some salt, pepper, all spice and mixed herbs over the pork chops on both sides.
- Turn the heat down to a moderately low heat and leave to simmer 10min each side. On the second half of the 10min cut half a pineapple, into long strips and throw into the grill at a medium heat.
- Once done you can cut up some avocados and serve the pork chops with couscous, coconut rice, roasted baby potatoes, salad etc.
Please share and try some other fruits to grill and tell me how that goes.