Breakfast meals, you know what they say about that,“Breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day”. Well I would 100% agree, specially after going through a great deal of days without having breakfast. Typical Student life having late nights, very messy late nights. Then getting up for the early morning gruelling lectures. Erm who had time to get ready and have breakfast and be on time, not me that’s for sure. After realising the importance of breakfast meals I started thinking of ways to spice up the usual typical breakfast we have in our day to day lives, in order to get that excitement for breakfast back and really get something healthy and good down you before you shoot off for the day.
Who doesn’t love a good old cheese on toast, scrambled eggs on toast or meatballs. well why not all three, when it comes to food there’s no limits. This wont be no more than £6 for the ingredients, so here’s how you get started:
You will need
Medium Free range Eggs, 2
Mature Cheddar Cheese
Fresh Spinach, handfull
Red Onion, 1/2
Slice of Brown bread
Butter, 1 tbspn
Handful of Frozen Meatballs
Salt & Pepper, a pinch
- Heat up the pan on a medium heat and chop up the red onions into slices, also cut up a handful of spinach.(the spinach and onions can be cut up anyway you see fit.)
- Whisk the 2 eggs in a bowl and add salt and pepper.
- Get a handful of the frozen meatballs and warm up for 2 min in the microwave.(These meatballs are like the best frozen brand ive come across, but it goes without saying you can have as many as you want, till your hearts content.)
- While that warms up throw in the onions and spinach
- Once the meatballs are warmed, cut them up and add to the eggs.
- The onions should have browned and spinach has shrivelled up by now, so throw in the eggs and meatballs and turn the heat up a little.
- While that fries for a further 4-5 min, wack the bread in the toaster, get back to the eggs stir them a little.
- Pop the toast once done on a plate, spread some butter on it, sprinkle the eggs and meatballs on top of the toast.
- Finish of by grating the cheese over the steaming hot food. and serve with a nice cuppa.
Hope this entices you in a way you will be up for trying to create new ways to spice up your breakfast meals.
Let me know how it goes and what you have tried.