They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Well I say it doesn’t always have to be boring, don’t get me wrong I love me a good old full English or some scrambled eggs, but why not spice it up a tad. Going through the fridge on the day I didn’t have much to work with but still managed to pull it off. Goes to show you don’t need fancy ingredients or allot of them to make something great. It doesn’t take long to make and it’s very simple and you can always try and make your own creation adopting these methods. It won’t take any more than 20min to make.
onion, 1/2 red or white
Handful of cherry tomatoes.
Salt n pepper, a pinch
Chilli flakes, 1/2 tspn
Rocket salad, handfull
Olive oil, 1 tbspn
- Cut up the onion and also the cherry tomatoes.
- Place the pan on a medium to high heat for around 3min.
- Crack the eggs and place them in a bowl. Whisk the eggs and add the salt, pepper and chilli flakes.
- Add the olive oil to the pan.
- Throw in the onions and cherry tomatoes, wait till the onions go a little brown then thrown in the eggs.
- Whilst it is cooking mix the eggs around a few times in the pan as it starts to set. (‘This usually takes around 5 min max on a medium heat’)
- Wash the salad and throw the eggs on the plate. Finish it of with a drizzle of olive oil on the salad.
Taken from the steps I guess you can throw in and make what ever you would like, so give it a go and let me know what you come up with.