This was actually an inspiration taken from Leon. As you may not know Leon is an upcoming fast healthy food restaurant. Dishes are amazing kind of pricey but I think it worth it.
All pre thought conceptions of the dish got blown out the water, the meal was amazing as soon as I had a bite. Moroccan food is usually infused with dried fruit and meats, me being a sweet tooth the idea of using dates, raisins, apricot etc. It intrigued my taste buds. This delivers just that, a nice meaty sweet flavoursome dish with a nutty little crunch.
2 tbspn, Olive oil
½ , Onion
100g, Tinned Apricot
1, Cinnamon stick
400g, Chopped Tomato
1 tspn, Almond Flakes
1 cup, couscous
½ , Lemon
- Add oil to the pan and fry the meatballs till brown, this should be no more than 10min on a medium heat. Once finished place into another bowl and leave to cool down.
- Fry the onions, once browned pour in the Tomato, Apricot (I used Tinned Apricot, more so for the juices, however use only 1 tbpsn of the juices), Almond Flakes and cinnamon stick. Simmer for 10min.
- Add the meatballs back in, turn the heat down and leave for a further 5min.(Once done you can garnish more Almond Flakes on top)
- Boil a kettle and pour the couscous in a container. Once the kettle has boiled pour it in the container(2 cups worth of water). leave for 2 min.
- Once done add a tbspn of Olive oil, lemon and Coriander. Mix together and serve.
Leave a comment and let me know how it goes.