“Ciao” to all my Italians. “Hello” to everyone else. As you can already tell where I’m coming from with this. Italian food is very iconic and fundamental in food culture and all around the world. Who doesn’t love a good pizza, lovely pasta dish or a classic lasagne? You can do so many things with pasta, having visited many Italian restaurants and explored all various dishes, the choices are unmeasurable. The multiple arrays of sauces you can add to the dish makes it that much more interesting. Pesto green or red is a basic. Not having any since, like forever, I thought I could revive it and add a Lil twist to it.
A novice cook can make this dish. The salmon is something I contemplated on adding to the dish just to give it that extra kick. So if you just want to make the pasta without the fish you can do so. The green beans are just a personal favorite. So if you are not a fan you can use your favorite veg and see how it goes. All in all, it should take you 25 min to make. get to cooking!
You will need
2 tbsp, Green pesto
Handful of Green beans
1 tbsp, Butter
2, Salmon fillets
2, Garlic Cloves
1 tsp, Parmesan cheese
1 tsp, Chilli flakes
1 tsp, All purpose seasoning
1/2 tsp, Salt
1/4 tsp, Pepper
Handful of Parsley
- First things first wash the Salmon thoroughly, while doing so, have two pots of water on a high heat till it reaches boiling point.
- Season the Salmon with the following: All purpose seasoning, Garlic, Salt, Pepper, Chili flakes and some Olive oil.
- At this point, the water in both pots should have reached boiling point. Add some salt, a little Olive oil and add in the pasta. Leave to simmer for 10 min. In the mean time add the green beans in the other pot. Leave to simmer for 4 min.
- While all that is boiling heat up your grill pan (If you do not own one a normal frying pan is suitable), add some butter to the pan and place the Salmon skin side first for around 4 min on a medium heat and do so to the other side.
- Take the green beans out the water and place to the side. Once the pasta is done drain it and put back into the same pot where you now throw in the pesto, parsley, green beans, and just a tad little more olive oil. Stir it all together.
- When serving add the parmesan cheese and place the salmon on top.
Try it out with red pesto and see how it goes. please share and leave a comment.