When it comes to simple but hearty, loving food. Mums is no doubt at the top of the list, to be fair I think she should be at the top of anyone’s list, but that’s a debate for another day lol. Besides that I consider Italian cuisines to be a great contender when it comes to simple but loving food. Like come on, look at all the classic gangster films while the whole family are at the table eating some pasta or when you go vapianos, standing there watching your food being made in front of your very eyes in a matter of minutes. This European country has diverse tastes from other influences around the globe. Personally, I despise Olives to the deepest depth, so I avoid like the plague.
This recipe is so quick and easy to make, definitely within the 30-minute mark. Bearing in mind the sauce is pre-made. So to all the students or people who just don’t have the time to make the sauce from scratch, this is perfect for you. Have you showing off to some friends how you throw it down in the kitchen. so let’s get cooking or shall I say Cuciniamo!
1/2, Red Onions
1, Garlic Glove
1 tspn, Mixed Herbs
1/2, Chilli Flakes
1 handful, Baby Spinach
660g, Pasta sauce
1 tspn, Parmesan Cheese
3 tbspn, olive oil
- Boil the water in a pot for the pasta. In the meantime also preheat a pan on a medium heat. While that is getting heated cut up onions and crush the garlic.
- Add oil to the pan lower the heat a little and throw in the onions and crushed garlic. Fry for around 2min, then add in the Herb mix (Basil, mixed herbs and chilli flakes).
- Once the water has boiled add some salt. Pour in the pasta and leave to boil this can be done for around 8min
- After adding the pasta stir, add the pasta sauce(Loyd Grossman Bolognese with Smoked Garlic ), prawns, spinach, salt and pepper. Leave on simmer for 7 min.
- Just before the timer goes off, drain the pasta and leave to the side. (Run under cold water)
- Pour in the pasta and stir on simmer for 2min.
- Finish off with more black pepper (It’s a personal choice) and a choice of Parmesan cheese.
Please share and comment and let me know how it goes.